Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 days of blogging day one

Alright, I was perusing my family's blogs and came across the idea of 30 days of blogging from my little sister's blog. Since I have a grand total of 4 posts in three years...this should take me to retirement but what the heck. I am not committing to 30 consecutive days, but there are some interesting topics that might generate some readable posts...for the 1-2 people that will see them.

Day 1. A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

Note: I do not have any recent pictures of myself...I look fat without the added 30-40 pounds the camera adds (since I am rather large)...so this picture is one in which I do not look like I eat at buffets 78% of my meals.

Ok, I no longer have a goatee...and this is way to unrealistic for any sort of honest post...but it is my albeit several years ago.

Facts:
  1. I have the best marriage (I am aware of, and in my opinion), to the greatest woman in the world. She has been and continues to be my very best friend for over 18 years now.
  2. I turn 40 this year...and it does not bother me at all. I feel, and act, like a person much younger (immature)...I have no idea when I am going to "grow up".
  3. I am easily addicted to wasting time...Farmville...World of Warcraft...Rift...mindless fiction ...Dragon Court... I personally view this as my major character defect, and think my wife would agree, though she puts up with me remarkably well.
  4. I have 8 great kids. Each has their own challenges and strengths. I am loving seeing them discover their "thing". I am still waiting for a kid as poorly behaved as I was...but keep hoping that Kenra's goodness is being measured in the equation and swallowing up my deficiencies.
  5. I really like heavy metal, speed metal, screamo, classical, instrumental, and nearly any other type of music. I did not list rap...as the current crop of loser artists can't compare to old school masters like Ice-T, Public Enemy, and Boogie Down Productions. I am seeing Def Leopard in Aug with a like minded friend and moshed to Zebrahead at age 36..until I ran into a student...
  6. Unfortunately I am not in the least bit a picky eater...though I really hate chicken salad when they put grapes and nuts in it...seriously...grapes?!?!
  7. My dream job is to be a fireman...unfortunately I am the wrong race and gender to get onto most departments.
  8. I love my job, I get to mess with teenagers all day every day. It is never boring...often very rewarding...and incredibly interesting. Most days I feel like I am stealing money...its not for everyone but it is for me. Since I did not get to be a fireman...second best job is a nice consolation prize.
  9. One of my favorite things in the world is getting daddy piled by my kids.
  10. I have sung each of my eight children to sleep on numerous occasions...though I have a vocal range of 5 unconnected notes...they seem to like it...or just pretend in order to end the pain more quickly.
  11. I have seen "The Fugitive and US Marshals" an embarrassing number of times...almost as many times as I have seen "The Princess Bride" (<---- favorite movie of all time)...
  12. I cry watching movies...and commercials...and TV... but no one knows this since I pass it off as allergies or dry corneas
  13. I am a very content person.
  14. I really do not like traveling...and especially hate being away from my wife and kids...after a couple of days I am a mess...I could never have a job where I am required to be away a lot.
  15. I have been able to overcome a lot of personal weaknesses to become a person that I am most of the time proud of.

2 comments:

rvasay said...

Hey I already commented but it didn't come up! I want to say you are an outstanding husband father and son! No one knows this better than your Mom. I am also a very content person. We are a dying breed.
I love you

Boafer Frog Face said...

Yes, you did...and I read your sweet motherly comment...but I realized I had posted on the family website and not on my blogspot so I deleted the post on the family site and moved the post to my blog.

:-)