The past few weeks have been rather difficult and I am not sure what to expect next.
- A little over a week ago we had $550 dollars stolen from our Minivan in our garage.
- I took my car in for safety and emissions and found an exhaust leak...and in the process of getting the oil changed the tech left the cap off...and the back tire was low...and bald... $300 later I have a car that is great...until next month when the timing belt gets replaced along with the water pump
- I signed up (after researching) for some supplements on a "free" trial basis, without reading all of the fine print. Upon calling to cancel the trial I find out that the trial period started and ended earlier than I had thought...$170...yes way too expensive later...well it would have been $170 if I had not used my personal allowance checking account to sign up, that did not have the $170 in it so add to that price another $125 in bank fees as I bought $26 diet cokes ($1 for the drink $25 for the bank fee) since I had no idea the "supplement companies had charged me for the "free" samples.
- Our sump pump pipe (potty pipe) has a cracked collar and is leaking in our furnace room. The plumber will be by to replace it later this week.
- This morning while driving to work in very slick conditions there was a pile up and people sliding all over, in order to avoid the truck in front of me I slid into the concrete barrier...the car is drive-able but there is probably some damage to the driver's side front wheel.
We did get some OUTSTANDING news yesterday when it was announced that there will be a new temple 5 minutes away from our house in Payson.
I have many things to be grateful for...a wife that loves me...kids that sometimes do as well...a warm house to live in and enough food to eat. Life in spite of its problems continues to be good.
8 comments:
Wow, when it rains it pours. At least you'll be getting your tax return soon.
Sorry Chad. It really does seem to pour when it rains. I hope everything gets better. Finances are just tough right now for everyone. Luckily you guys have always been smart with your money!
Chad I am so sorry but so happy that you have gotten through this and still are a strong man husband and father and most of all you have a grateful heart. An "attitude of gratitude" will always leave you happy in the end! I love you and remember "the sun will come out tomorrow!" Aren't we all glad about that! MOM
Brett said exactly what I was going to say ("When it rains it pours..."), so I'm going to use an assortment of other cliches to make my point.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride
Take one for the team!
Two heads are better than one
Let bygones be bygones
etc, etc, etc...
Sounds like an awful week, basically.
Financial stress is awful. Good thing tax time is upon us!
Wow, that's quite a bad series of events. The only people I can think of at the moment that have it worse are the Jazz. In all sincerity, though, very sorry to hear about it.
you really need to update this blog dad you are like two and a half months behind. Love kenna
Post a Comment