Well one day of Alpine days down and one to go. Yesterday Jaydn ran 4:51 in the mile and was disappointed that he did not break the Alpine Days record...ah the burden of self expectation. He ran a fantastic race. I was wondering about his perspective...how good was the time? Well according to this site that keeps track of close to two thousand Junior high programs in the nation, his time is the second fastest by an 8th grader in the country this year...and if, like Pres Obama, you do not consider West Virginia a state then he was the fastest!
I am further impressed by his accomplishment given that he has had a total of 9 weeks of track specific training this year, and never more than 2 months in any year. He starts High school cross country the first week of June and the runners are hoping he will be able to make the 8th spot on their varsity team...I have a feeling some of them are in for a bit of a surprise.
As I reflect on the rest of my kids my wonderment grows...McKenna is doing fantastic in her choir and has made the chamber group, Nathan is rapidly progressing in piano...and if he actually practiced more than once a week (sigh), McKay is showing multi-sport promise in baseball and basketball that is incredible...and the twins are already looking at contract offers from the MMA and the WWF demonstrating a ruthlessness and ability for dramatization rarely seen in four year olds...and Jessa and Emma are looking at long term Soap Opera deals for obvious reasons
I am grateful for so many arrows in my quiver everyone of them different and talented in their own ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good job Jaydn! Good job kids!
Oh Jaydn-----you are great just like I said you were! congrats and congrats to all the rest of you super kids McKenna, Nathan,Mckay,Jessa, brycen and treven and of course little emma! I love you all! Grandma
Jaydn is one fast kid. Maybe some day he'll be able to keep up with the speed Clark things he is :)
Post a Comment