That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but our ability to perform it has improved.That Emerson had something there...it is applicable for the students in my math classes...it applies to my kids...my parents...my friends...people in different countries...and myself. It is a universal truth. He does not say the good things we spend time practicing become easier...he simply says those things, good or bad, worthwhile or not so much, the things we spend our time doing will become easier for us.
I use that quote in class to try and stimulate my students that struggle to believe that with sufficient effort they can and will improve and in my eyes improvement, for many of these kids, equates to success. This year as I gave my little motivational diatribe I was struck by the quote and how it applies to me...and it was not pretty actually...I have been persisting in the wrong areas...in some cases have been allowing the good to crowd out the essential...in other cases very simply going against the counsel found in Isaiah 55:1-3 and 2 Nephi 9:51 spending time and labor for that which doth not satisfy. Well I have decided that I am going to change the direction of my persistence and be found doing better things more of the time and invite all to do the same.
4 comments:
Thanks, Chad. It is always interesting when you read something like that and it feels like the writer is talking to you. I definitely needed to hear that right now. Your blog is very inspirational!
Good principle Chad. I'd never really thought about it that way before, but it makes perfect sense.
How did I not comment on this great inspirational post---thankyou for it.
I always need inspiration in my life and you gave it to me. I love you MOM
nice sharing thanks
https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-tepat-agar-pinjaman-bni-diterima
Post a Comment